• Question: Hello, What career are their that envolves the human body?

Asked by 786cara48 to Yewande, Robert, Leah, Keith, Jordan, Jennifer, Jennifer, Irene, Hayley, Ella, Devon, Dan, Claire, Anita, Amanda, Ali, Alex on 13 Jul 2018.
    • Photo: Ali Hill

Ali Hill answered on 12 Jul 2018:

There are LOTS. For example, I’m a sports nutritionist, which means I work with athletes trying to get them to reach their sporting potential by changing what they eat and drink.

• Photo: Hayley Pincott

Hayley Pincott answered on 12 Jul 2018:

What I do working in pathology involves the human body. We look at body fluids (like blood, sweat and urine), tissue (skin, teeth) and help doctors decide the best way to look after a patient. It’s great fun and I’m always learning loads. You can start as a lab assistant like I did and work your way up in your career or you can go to university. It has to be an IBMS accredited degree though in Biomedical Science and start as a qualified member of staff. Hope this helps a little to explain what we do in pathology.

• Photo: Jordan Moir

Jordan Moir answered on 14 Jul 2018:

There are many careers that involve the human body. I am a biomedical scientist with the blood transfusion service. So we work with blood donated by human blood donors which we test and process to prepare them for safe transfusion into a receiving patient. If you are interested in becoming a biomedical scientist this link to the IBMS is really useful as shows you a bit more of what we do.

https://www.ibms.org/biomedical-science-video/