• Question: What type of science degrees would you need to be a zoologist?

    Asked by Louisianna to Renata, Natalie, Joanna, Ellen, Anthony on 21 Mar 2019.
    • Photo: Renata Medeiros

      Renata Medeiros answered on 21 Mar 2019:

      I guess the most obvious is to take a Zoology degree (many Universities in the UK offer this degree, including Cardiff University, where I work) but you can definitely take other degrees and still end up doing zoology work. These include Biology (the one I did), Ecology, Animal Behaviour or Wildlife Conservation. Less obvious ones that could still allow you to work in Zoology are Agriculture or even Psychology so there are many routes that you can take and you just have to find the one that best suits your interests and your strengths. Good luck! : )